The goal is to have everyone in the organization embrace the new ERP system and business / knowledge processes. User acceptance of the new system and processes is key to ERP project success and strong ROI. Key elements include:
- Education about ERP system and workflow process change benefits
- Training (tech and and business / knowledge processes)
- Workflow process design improvements
- Human capital transition plan
- Knowledge capabilities and plan
- Monitoring for continuous improvement and iterations
It is critical to clearly articulate to all members of the organization the benefits of change vs. the current state and why it is crucial to spend the required time and energy to make the changes. Educate and provide the building blocks of knowledge required to accept changes (expect some change resistance).
Obtain a positive perception for changes by creating a deep understanding of the changes and how they will affect productivity gains and thus the health and competitiveness of the organization. Follow-up to confirm knowledge transfer and execute additional training where required (including personalized training).
A well designed and executed change management plan is the secret sauce to achieving productivity gains and ERP project success.